I had the little yearly chat with the kids. Heimlich wants to be Batman, and Toad, quite predictably, Elsa (I am rather surprised she hasn't asked before, actually). Now onto the brainstorming part :
- will get black jeans, because I really don't want to make pants just for that
- check if black boots still fit
- make a "bat-ty" cape out of the black felted wool I have
- possibly buy a belt, I found some cheap ones
- make or adapt sweater with bat appliqué
- solve the mask vs. glasses conflict. Ugh.
- she may reuse her sparkly shoes - they're a darker shade of blue, but still good.
- cape of some sort, with sparkles
- sparkly dress, not floor length because I'd like it to last longer than one evening, thankyouverymuch
I don't really have any fabrics for her, though...
Not sure what I will wear... If I managed to make myself that silk 1890s blouse, I could wear it with the black skirt I refashioned and my Little Red Riding Hood cape, though. That's a bit much maybe for a month on top of regular work, but it sure would feel good to strike that one from the projects list...