I had an epiphany regarding the Madras" skirt. It was getting too pale, so I just added one layer of bright red and another of hot pink tulle underneath the last 5 layers of white tulle - and now it's just perfect. I sewed everything together and made a mock-up of the bodice.
There really wasn't any time to do more, not two doctor's appointements today. She's never perfectly on time, and I waited about 20 minutes this morning, but she was really late this afternoon witht he kids. So after that, we just went home, ate pizza (yay for leftovers), and the kids went bed.
After dinner I started on a skirt to go with my black coutil corset. I have done the bulk of it, it just needs a waistband, zipper, and hem. And it has pockets, yay ! I love pockets, I just tend to forget them every time I sew a skirt for myself.
I also prewashed the cotton voile for Chardon's petticoat - I hung it on the clothesline just before dinner, and it was dry about two hours later, when I heard a storm coming. Sadly, it was just a bit of lighting and some thunder, not a drop of rain.